The USI-CAFHR has signed a five year MoU with the Switzerland based Afghanistan Institute of the Foundation Bibliotheca Afghanica (FBA) to work together to achieve their broader aims in the areas of conservation, cataloguing, research, web development and education. The broad outline of the collaboration is as follows
- Joint research and educational projects concerning archival materials on Afghanistan, including documents, maps and photographs.
- Joint conferences, publications, lectures and other activities designed to create awareness and further understanding of Afghanistan collections.
- Joint preparation of web resources and web-based tools for making the material available.
- Staff visits to maintain personal contacts and to pool expertise.
- Advice, assistance and support in seeking third-party support for projects of mutual interest and benefit.